Frets on Fire Downloads Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frets on Fire Downloads Forums

A new place for FoF gamerz.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inFoFDShoutCast

Tortured Insanity (My made up band)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
thebocaj
thebocaj

Tortured Insanity (My made up band) Empty
PostSubject: Tortured Insanity (My made up band)   Tortured Insanity (My made up band) I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 07:48

Before you ask, I will move this to the other forums once they are completely unlocked.

Basically, I'll release information on my band, Tortured Insanity. This is a band I've created on this website. In this thread, I'll be posting in a role-playing fashion, mostly from the point of view of Jack, the guitarist, who is basically a character modeled after me. Sometimes the posts will be from the view of other members, and I'll say (in a role-playing fashion of course) who it is. Please try to post in a suitable way in this topic. By that, I mean don't go off topic, basically. If you're talking in a non-role-playing way, don't put speechmarks around what you post, but if you are, then post with speechmarks around it. If you're going to talk about the game itself, then go to the topic in Other Games. I want this topic to stay about this band the whole way through, but if you make a band on that website, and want to role-play a member of that band or whatever, feel free to do so. Anyway, I'll start this off (obviously).

"Hi, my name's Jack and I'm the guitarist in a new band, called Tortured Insanity. Our band started earlier this year, and after going through a few potential names for the band, like 'Dark Avengers', 'My Final Hour' and 'Raining Death', we chose our current name, 'Tortured Insanity'. The name was my idea, and it was inspired by the song Octavarium, by Dream Theater. When we started out, we were a basic thrash metal band, like some sort of modern version of Metallica or something, but with some darker, more gothic bits thrown in. At first, the lineup of our band consisted of Matt Halford, the vocalist, Jack Farelto (that's me) on guitar, Arnst Freidersen on the rhythm guitar, Marhcetto Folenci, the bassist, who left recently due to creative differences, then there's the drummer, David George. We had a nice thing going at first, writing a few songs and going on a few tours. At this time, Matt was the main songwriter, and had written three songs: Tortured Insanity, a basic thrashy song, and our first one, Descent, a bit of a Slayer-style song, and Father Of The Grave, which is where the dark influences of bands like Dimmu Borgir start to show. A few days after he finished writing Descent, he showed us his work. It was pretty good, and we were all proud of ourselves for having made some good quality songs, but then, Arnst asked if he could have a go. The next day, I walked into his room, to ask if he knew where the Pepsi cans had gone, to find him in the final stages of writing his song. I completely forgot about the Pepsi cans, and asked him how the song was going. He showed me, and I was in awe over the 8 minute gothic masterpiece he had written. I asked him if he wanted to show the rest of the band, and he seemed fine with it. The reactions of Matt, Marchetto and David were the same as mine, and we later decided that this was the direction we would go in, to be a progressive-style gothic band. Marchetto didn't like the idea however, and without any arguing, he simply said this isn't what he wanted, and when we couldn't come to an agreement, he walked out. We then searched for a new bassist, when we found two people, one with straight, long black hair, black and white facepaint, and a trench coat, and the other had large, bulging muscles, long, slightly scruffy brown hair, and a long beard. We asked if either of them were interested in joining the band, and they both agreed to it. Later on, we found out their names. The one with black hair was called Kevin James Tholomew, and the one with the beard was called Brandon Bishop. We hung out, and then we showed them our material. They were excited by the masterpiece, written by Arnst, and thought of a name, Darkness Reigns, which later became the name of the song. And so, our great journey truly began. And I still never found them Pepsi cans."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BocajHeroVideos
thebocaj
thebocaj

PostSubject: Re: Tortured Insanity (My made up band)   Tortured Insanity (My made up band) I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 08:25

Yes, that wall of text intro took ages to write, something around half an hour. Now I think I'll do a bit of charting or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BocajHeroVideos
Slashfan7964
Administrator
Administrator
Slashfan7964

PostSubject: Re: Tortured Insanity (My made up band)   Tortured Insanity (My made up band) I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2010, 22:26

olawl
Back to top Go down
http://fretsonfire7.webs.com

Tortured Insanity (My made up band)
Page 1 of 1