Frets on Fire Downloads Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frets on Fire Downloads Forums

A new place for FoF gamerz.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inFoFDShoutCast

Suggest good bands to me

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
thebocaj
thebocaj

Suggest good bands to me Empty
PostSubject: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 09:17

Okay, so I think I'm gonna go on a 'listen to new bands spree' type thing and basically just listen to a load of bands I've never listened to before but heard about loads and wanted to listen to. And I want suggestions of good bands. I'd prefer either progressive metal, power metal, folk metal or thrash metal, but feel free to suggest other stuff.

Dunno why, but feel like keeping a list of the bands I listen to and giving short reviews. I'll listen to 3 songs by each band, as long as I've not listened to them before.

Ensiferum:
Token Of Time - Pretty good song, reminds me of Eluveitie, and a few parts remind me of Savatage. Earned a spot on my ipod.
Battle Song - Sounded about as good as Token Of Time, but this one sounds more like Borknager. Also earned a spot on my ipod.
Guardians Of Fate - Also pretty good. This one sounds a bit more like Equilibrium to me. Once again, I'd say this earns a spot on my ipod.
Overall Review - I'm not sure why I haven't listened to these before, and it's a shame I listened to them now rather than my little folk metal phase around 4 months ago. They're pretty damn good and you guys can expect one of their songs in Bocaj Hero.

Sonata Arctica:
Paid In Full - Nothing really awesome about this song, but it definitely sounds like this band will have some really awesome stuff. It'll probably end up on my ipod though.
Shy - Now THAT is how to do a calm song. This is in the big leagues with To Live Forever, Space Dye Vest and Falling Away With You. Going straight on my ipod when I find it.
Replica - This band gets better with each song. This is going near the top of my playlist of best songs. This one reminds me of Dream Theater's first 3 albums (aka. The ones before wozizname messed everything up with failing into infinity (typo intended) and created an abomination out of an already mediocre song. Yeah, that phase where Petrucci was thinking of disbanding Dream Theater because he hated making the album so much. Damn, wozizname is such a twat.)
Overall Review - Well, I said in the Paid In Full review I thought they'd have awesome stuff and I was right. This band are pretty damn good, and might even make it to my favourite bands, with Dream Theater, Metallica and King Diamond (and possibly even Ensiferum).

Divine Heresy:
Facebreaker - Sounds quite good, I think it'd be quite a good song for fof or something.
Bringer Of Plagues - Pretty good, especially liked the chorus. Nice extreme drums in there too.
Redefine - I probably like this one most of these 3 songs.
Overall Review - They're quite cool, but I'm not really in the mood for this sort of music right now and there isn't too much difference between their songs.

Korpiklaani:
Vodka - Wow, this band sounds so much like Equilibrium. I can tell they love vodka, especially with words like "And you will feel awesome!"
Juodaan Viinaa - That one was pretty good too.
Beer Beer - I thought this one was the best one of the 3.
Overall Review - This band are pretty good. Like I said with Ensiferum, I would've probably loved these around 4 months ago.

Last edited by thebocaj on August 7th 2010, 20:35; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BocajHeroVideos
Slashfan7964
Administrator
Administrator
Slashfan7964

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 21:18

Don't get me started. For real.
Back to top Go down
http://fretsonfire7.webs.com
Metallicaholic666
Metallicaholic666

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 23:02

Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Slashfan7964
Administrator
Administrator
Slashfan7964

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 6th 2010, 23:29

huh.
Back to top Go down
Megadeth101
Administrator
Administrator
Megadeth101

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2010, 03:49

Five Finger Death Punch(Groove metal, heavy metal, thrash metal) , Divine Heresy(Tech Death Metal) , For Today(Metalcore) , Scar Symmetry (Melo Death Metal) , Xerath (Orchestral/Progressive/Groove Metal) ,
Korpiklaani (Folk Metal), I'll tell some more later but im kinda busy Razz.
Back to top Go down
thebocaj
thebocaj

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2010, 20:07

I've already heard FFDP and For Today, but I'll give the others a listen. And yes, I have heard Metallica. Considering they're one of my 3 favourite bands, that says something. :p
Back to top Go down
Megadeth101
Administrator
Administrator
Megadeth101

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 7th 2010, 21:29

With Korpiklaani make sure you check you wooden pints xD
Back to top Go down
Samsara
Opening Act
Samsara

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 20th 2010, 05:58

Well This aint Heavy Metal But Ya Might Like It. !! NIRVANA !!

Good Suggestion of Albums From Nirvana:

- Bleach
- Nevermind
- In Utero

Also For more Metal or Hard Rock Try

- Twisted Sister
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Black Label Society
- Quiet Riot
- and Maybe some Van Halen? Smile
Back to top Go down
thebocaj
thebocaj

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 21st 2010, 05:03

Samsara wrote:
Well This aint Heavy Metal But Ya Might Like It. !! NIRVANA !!

Good Suggestion of Albums From Nirvana:

- Bleach
- Nevermind
- In Utero

Also For more Metal or Hard Rock Try

- Twisted Sister
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Black Label Society
- Quiet Riot
- and Maybe some Van Halen? Smile

Hmm, already listened to at least 1 song from most of them. Nevermind and In Utero have songs on GH/RB, I think. I first heard Twisted Sister on Brainiac, in the series where they tried different ways to stop rock and roll. Ozzy Osbourne kinda goes without saying. First heard BLS when Concrete Jungle was on Kerrang. Van Halen are a pretty cool band, especially with Hot For Teacher and Eruption. Quiet Riot are on Brutal Legend, and I don't think I've heard anything from the Bleach album.
Back to top Go down
Metallicaholic666
Metallicaholic666

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 06:01

backstreet boys
Back to top Go down
thebocaj
thebocaj

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 22nd 2010, 06:03

Metallicaholic666 wrote:
blackstreet boys

RACIST. :p
Back to top Go down
Slashfan7964
Administrator
Administrator
Slashfan7964

PostSubject: Re: Suggest good bands to me   Suggest good bands to me I_icon_minitimeAugust 24th 2010, 00:49

Good bands. Don't get me started. Just listen to Ozzy's Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman.
Back to top Go down

Suggest good bands to me
Page 1 of 1